The Port of New Orleans launched the Clean Truck Replacement Incentive Program (Clean TRIP) in 2016, offering incentives for voluntary replacement of drayage trucks that service cargo terminals and warehouses along the Mississippi River and the Inner Harbor. Clean TRIP enables truck and fleet owners to voluntarily invest in cleaner air through early truck replacement with cleaner models. The Port has captured momentum from Clean TRIP to initiate community dialogue around air quality and opportunities for improvement, and to catalyze port industry efforts under the broader Port of New Orleans Clean Air Program.
To date, 40 short-haul drayage trucks have been replaced with cleaner burning engines, reducing fine particulate emissions from these trucks by 96 percent, which is equal to taking 35,000 cars off the road.
This program is made possible with funding by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. The Port of New Orleans received competitive grants to provide truck replacement rebates supporting our local Port trucking industry, helping reduce local air emissions, and increasing reliability and efficiency of on-road goods movement. click here.
ANNOUNCING NEW ROUND OF CLEAN TRIP GRANTS FOR 2019!
The Port of New Orleans is investing in cleaner air by offering up to $35,000 in incentives for voluntary replacement of drayage trucks.
- Friday March 29, 2019 – Port Accepting 2019 Clean TRIP Applications
- Thursday, April 18, 2:00 p.m. – Application Deadline
- Friday, May 3 – Notice of Eligibility to Applicants
- Wednesday, May 8, 11:00 a.m. – Lottery, Open to the Public
Replacement Eligibility - Current Truck:
- Model year 1995-2006.
- Class 8 truck that is lien-free.
- Truck has been owned and served the Port of New Orleans at least one year.
- Truck is currently in operation.
Get up to $35,000 toward a newer, cleaner burning truck:
- Engine model year 2012 or newer (generally 2013 or newer truck model year).
- Old truck must be scrapped and properly documented.
- Must keep replacement truck in service at Port of New Orleans for one year.
- Rebate of 50% (up to $35,000) of the vehicle sale price.
What you will need to apply:
- A signed application, available to download below and at cleantrip-portno.com. Paper applications may also be picked up at the Truckway Circle Building, Port NOLA Coffee Drive Office or Port NOLA Administration Building.
- A copy of your Transportation Worker Identification Card (front and back).
- A copy of the current truck title and registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Photos of your current truck as listed in the application.
- Proof of past 12 months of port service (gate tickets or dispatch records).
- Photo release form (included in the application).
Applications due by 2 p.m. April 18, 2019
Submit at one of two locations in person: Port NOLA Facilities Services Building - 5350 Coffee Drive; M-F 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m. or Port NOLA Admin Building - 1350 Port of New Orleans Place, Services Dept., 2nd Fl.; M-F 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
This program is made possible with funding by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. The Port of New Orleans received a competitive grant to provide truck replacement rebates to support our local port trucking industry, to help reduce local air emissions, and to increase reliability and efficiency of on-road goods movement. Clean TRIP is limited to two truck replacements per fleet.