- Home /
- Community /
- Economic Development & Careers /
- Working At The Port
Working at the Port of New Orleans
Port NOLA employees are committed to our mission of driving regional economic prosperity through their efforts to maximize the flow of international trade and commerce. We aim to attract and invest in a high-performing, diverse workforce.
As a Port NOLA team member, you will see firsthand how global trade and diversified business lines contribute to a stable regional economy and enhanced quality of life for Louisiana residents. You will learn something new every day and apply your talents to build the Port of New Orleans of tomorrow.
Port NOLA is committed to sustainable development, investing to support economic growth while balancing the needs of our neighbors and our natural resources. We are certified by Green Marine, a voluntary initiative with a detailed framework to reduce the environmental footprint of the maritime industry. Our team members are proud to play an important role in supporting our economic mission and green initiatives.
Additionally, as a self-sustaining political subdivision of the State of Louisiana, our team members continue a proud tradition of Civil Service in the state. Through both the Port and Civil Service, you will have access to professional growth and career development.
Port NOLA offers competitive benefits that prioritize safety, health and wellness for our employees. Employees have access to the following benefits:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance options
- Long Term Disability Plan
- State of Louisiana LASERS state pension program
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 plan) with employer match
- Paid Louisiana State Holidays; and paid Annual and Sick Leave
- Wellness Center located in the Port Administration Building
- ShipShape Wellness Program
To see current job postings at Port NOLA, click here.
For more details about working at Port NOLA, download the pdf here.