- Home /
YOUR WORKING RIVER
At the Port of New Orleans, we believe that community engagement is essential to the success of our gateway. Port NOLA strives to build strong relationships with our neighbors, stakeholders, and community partners to ensure we are contributing positively to the local economy and the region.
Our Commitment to the Community
Port NOLA is committed to being a responsible and responsive member within our there-parish jurisdiction of Jefferson, Orleans and St. Bernard parishes. We work closely with local organizations, schools and community leaders to identify ways to convey the importance of the Port and the local maritime industry. Our community outreach efforts include the following:
- Partnering with educational entities and sharing educational opportunities and resources
- Informing local businesses and suppliers of business opportunities
- Connecting local workforce partners and job seekers and sharing information about career pathways
- Hosting community events and tours
- Being a responsible neighbor with a commitment to sustainability and greening the supply chain
We'd love for you to engage with us and encourage you to participate in our engagement opportunities. Whether you are a business owner, community leader, or concerned citizen, we are committed to listening to the needs or our neighbors and stakeholders and working together for the economic success of our regions.
To learn more about our community engagement initiatives, contact our Communications and Community Engagement Manager, Kylie Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Port of New Orleans Tours
Throughout the year, the Port of New Orleans offers riverside tours of our Uptown New Orleans facilities on a limited basis to local groups and organizations. These tours help to provide a rare first-hand look at the working river and its positive impact within our region and state.